What type of doctors provide treatments for varicose and spider veins?

Doctors providing vein treatments include dermatologists, angiologists, plastic surgeons, general surgeons and vascular surgeons. Only the vascular surgeon is familiar with all treatment alternatives thus can offer you an unbiased treatment plan.

Provided that you have primarily consulted your vascular surgeon to rule out underlying venous insufficiency, sclerotherapy and skin lasers can be perfomed safely by any other relevant practitioner (e.g. dermatologist, angiologist or a plastic surgeon). Be sure to ask your doctor about his or her experience in performing the procedure you need and don't forget: "it's not always about what procedure you want, but what procedure you need. Ιt's not always laser..."

vascular health

Vascular Surgeon

Dr. Efthymios (Makis) Avgerinos is a Vascular Surgeon, Associate Professor of Surgery in the Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in USA.


Scientific Editing

Efthymios D. Avgerinos, MD, PhD, FEBVS
Associate Professor of Surgery
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Pittsburgh
Medical Center Pennsylvania, USA

E-mail: info@vascularhealth.gr